PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Depending upon your use of Our Site, we may collect some or all of the following personal data
- delivery address;
- credit card or debit card details;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- information about your PC and visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, web browser type, and version, referral source, length of stay, and number of pages viewed;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
This list is not exhaustive, and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example, when you set up an online account on our websites or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example, your browsing or shopping activity.
When you visit the site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include a unique anonymous identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to purchase through the site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Using Our Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and parties other than Us. Third-party Cookies are used on Our Site for marketing and performance purposes. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site, and your use and experience of Our Site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
We may also gather personal data from third-party sources, such as specialist data companies and online media channels.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we generally collect to fulfill any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, arranging to ship, and providing you with invoices and order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally, to improve and optimize our site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
In addition, your data may be used for advertising activities via online media channels and web banner advertisements. You may see personalized advertisements, such as web banner advertisements while browsing other websites. These advertisements will relate to products you have viewed while browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
DIYCraftKit provides these advertisements via market-leading specialist providers using ‘cookies’ laces on your computer or other devices. You can remove or disable cookies at any time – see the section ‘Disabling Cookies’ for further information.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or another lawful request for information we receive or protect our rights otherwise.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, suppose you are a European resident. In that case, we note that we are processing your information to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example, if you make an order through the site) or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Furthermore, you have the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send to you and to object to us using or holding your data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at [email protected].
If you want to disable cookies, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” and then “Internet Options.”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”